Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Meeting Gracie...

A few weeks ago we took a little family
day trip to the
Mall of America!
The purpose of the trip to get summer
clothes for all 3 kids...
they had grown so much since last summer
that they had nothing!
~
The other reason for our trip was to
visit the
America Girl store!
Elsie has always drooled over the
AG magazines that come in the mail.
One day she picked out her
'dream doll'
a Bitty Baby with light skin and red hair...
and she decided to save
her money till she had enough to buy it!
She saved her birthday money,
she did little chores around the house to earn money,
she even helped Grandma B.
with some chores to earn money.
She kept her money in a glass jar and
counted it quite often!
Soon she saved up more than enough...
and all we heard was
"when can we go!?"
 For at least the entire week before we
went to the MOA,
Elsie packed and re-packed a little
diaper bag for her baby.
Jon said she just as excited to bring her
dolly home,
as we were to bring Angelina home from the
hospital!
 When we got to the store,
Elsie marched right over to the
Bitty Baby section and
grabbed the correct doll!
She was SO excited!
And Daddy spoiled her a little more
and even bought her a special little outfit
for her dolly!
She named her dolly
Gracie Elizabeth.
And for the next couple hours after buying her doll,
we shopped at the mall
and she wore her baby in her little sling.
No doubt in my mind that
this little lady will be one awesome mama someday!
 After she shopped till we about dropped,
we headed for home again.
Well, I'm sure
Elsie, Angelina and I would've shopped more
{I am terribly spoiled by girls who love to shop!}
but, James and Daddy were done!
 Jon was very patient with his
girls...
He knows Girls just need to shop...
with 2 daughters,
he better get used to it!
I'm sure he cringed though when he saw
just many shopping bags we had
stashed in the stroller!
 I think
Jon an I do this same
self-portrait every time we go somewhere...
 I get bored.
I'm not a good passenger.
I prefer to drive.
So does Jon.
He wins every. single. time!
 James isn't exactly what you would call
a good passenger either!
He is pretty much the complete opposite of good!
The girls do great in the car though.
Angelina is amazing.
She pretty much sleeps,
whether she is tired or not,
she just dozes.
We have a 4+ car trip planned
later this week though,
so maybe I shouldn't get quiet so sure of myself!
 Elsie just played with
Little Gracie the whole way home.
She has had the doll now for over a month...
and she never leaves the house
without it..
she sleeps with the doll every night...
I love it.
I will be sad when she gets too old for dolls!
A fun
Family day...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...