Monday, July 16, 2012

One of those Days...

I love these pictures...my mom snapped them from through the window...while she was in the comfort of her steaming hot 100' house on a nice and comfortable 100'+ day.  {did you catch the sarcasm? I was really not so lovely!}
I had been having a bad day of lots of contractions...and because it was so beastly hot outside, I decided to bring James on a car ride in my air-conditioned van for his nap time. I though the car didn't sound quite right as a left the drive way, I began turning down the a/c and the radio so I could hear better...I heard a funny {and loud} thump. thump, thump noise. And the steering wasn't quite right. So, I pulled over 2 houses down from my parent's house, got out to investigate and found a very flat tire! Lovely. Before I could even get the kids out of car, the neighbor guy come riding his bike over to see what was going on...he assured me he knew something was up by the way the car sounded when I drove past his house. He looked at the tire and said I better not drive back to my parents house unless I wanted to wreck the rim. So, we did the next best thing...we walked back. My little sisters and one of the boyfriends met me half way and walked home with us. As we were walking home, yet another neighbor walked out to see if we needed any help...I guess my parents have some friendly/ helpful neighbors!
My dad was fishing on the lake down the road, so after he got home, he walked down the road, took the flat off and put the spare on...which was no easy task either, since the spare had to go on a back wheel and the front tire was the flat one! { I am sure my dad loves rescuing me again and again!} One of the neighbors came out and sat along side the ditch though and kept my dad company...so at least he had someone to chat with while he fixed my car {in the still 100' heat!} Thanks Dad...again!
In the end James did get his nap...I drove him in my parents van. And the next day Ceara and I brought my van into town to get the tire repaired and put put back on. Always something exciting going on...
{You can tell that my parents live in a pretty good neighborhood though, the neighbors all come out to make sure everything was okay. And we got half ways home before I realized I left both the windows down all the way, with the keys on the front seat!}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...