Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Music in the Park...

A few weekends ago our whole family went to Music in the Park a few towns away. The weather was perfect...the kids had a blast...we love to enjoy simple events together as a family...


Our little group...we were a smaller group than normal...Jon was working, Ted was busy, Ryan was gone, Jordaan did show up in time for the fireworks...We joked that people probably were very confused by our family...lots of women and kids and only 2 guys!
Elsie had an absolute blast...When you get Elsie and auntie Emma together with Emma M. and Abby, there will be wild laughter, dancing, and a good time!
Listening to the band...the band was very good and played lots of country music that the kids knew!
Proof that I was there too! I had laid on the couch all day with lots of pain, and was thinking about not going, but in the end I was glad I went. {even if I did have to take an almost ridiculous amount of pee breaks in an attempt to relieve some pressure!}
Clap, clap, clap...I am praying that the kids do not inherit my lack of rhythm!
Ceara and her adorable little cooler. He cooler is like Mary Poppins magic bag...the stuff she can pull out of the cooler is amazing! Watermelon, cantaloupe, fruit snacks, sandwiches, water bottles, mayo{not sure why!}...that's a lot of food for a little cooler!
Little Lydia even enjoyed the music...she is such a calm and good baby! {I have high hopes of Angelina being just as laid back!}
My Mom and I...{yes, I am clutching my phone...Instagram, ya know...and texting Daddy pix of all he was missing out on!}
I am pretty certain that these girls only sat down for about 5 minutes! They were dancing fools...
This picture is proof that babies are not loved much in our family...we just shove them in the corner and ignore them...haha! Quite the opposite really...everyone literally fights over who gets to hold the baby, who held her longer, who got her to smile more...I think we are almost ridiculously gushy over babies!
James...my wild man!
James broke out in a few dance moves...when he wasn't dancing, he was just running around being good and wild!
After the music ended it was time for the fireworks...we all headed over to the beach to find the perfect spot to watch. By the time we got home it was well after 11:00pm...both kids fell asleep in the car...exhausted from a super fun filled evening!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...