Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Church...

My kids love going to Church...Elsie begs to go every Sunday. James says he wants to go, but we all know that as soon as he gets there its a whole different story! I am sorry to say that since being prego I have not gone to Church...between morning sickness and bedrest stuff I stay home with James...Jon and Elsie enjoy walking the block and half down the road to attend church though. Last Sunday Jon came home saying that maybe we should finally join the church...which is shocking since he does not believe in organized religion...don't get me wrong, he is a Christian, believes in God, prays, but he hates the politics and theological view points of each denomation. He believes God should be the center and in most churches, it isn't that way. So, when he suggested that we look into joining I was happily shocked!
A few weeks ago Jon and Elsie walked to the Catholic Church to attend my sister, Lisa's confirmation. I felt so bad I had to miss her Confirmation...but it was only 2 days after James surgery and he was not doing so great. So while everyone else was at church James took a much needed nap while I relaxed my belly.
I know going to Church is a serious thing...but Jon got a little shutter happy and kept snapping away. My mom said she wanted to rip that camera out of Jon's hands and tell him to be quiet in Church...but at least he had the flash off! He did get some pretty good shots...I think this series just might be my favorite ones ever that Jon has taken. He does have some fun angles...and turning them to black and white made then super fun!
{any time I post any picture of my mom on my blog, I hear tails from her of how terrible I am to post such pictures of her...but this is a very good picture...full of creative detail...so I had to share it...enjoy mom!}
Elsie was happy to be sitting with her aunties...but I later heard that she was disappointed that there was not enough room for their little friends Emma and Abby to sit with them also.
Jon got fun shots of the little details...it's little details like this I don't want to ever forget...so sweet...
My sister Laura, her boy friend Ryan, Lisa's boyfriend Jordaan, Ted and Ceara...they all look so serious...
Lisa's confirmation...the priest, the bishop, Lisa,and her sponsor James...such a special moment... 
It appears that Elsie was unfazed by that special moment...

Can you get any sweeter...
After the church service everyone headed over to my parents house for dinner and visiting...I have many more pictures of the afternoon to share...I will try to post them at some point in the somewhat near future!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...