Thursday, February 16, 2012

Embrace the Camera {Snack Time}

A few weeks ago the kids and I made a special treat to enjoy for snack time...Fruit Rollups! My grandma makes fruit rollups like they are going out of style...and the kids always love eating them. {okay, so do I!} I found a super simple recipe on Pinterest for making our own...so we took out some Strawberries and got to work! Oh, and we put the camera on self-timer mode on the counter...to document our baking...notice James peeking out from around the food processor...what can I say, the boy LOVES self-times mode!
 To make a batch of Rollups...simply puree 2 cups of strawberries with  a shake or two of cinnamon in the food processor.
Be sure to plug your ears while the processor is on...I guess it gets quite loud to little ears!
After the hard work of making the puree be sure to take a break and take a few self-portrait pictures!
Pour the puree on the jelly roll pan in the food dehydrator.
Turn the setting to a fairly low number...about 78'...for about 6 hours. When done, cut into pieces and devour...I mean enjoy! I may or may not have eaten almost the entire pan by myself! My kids are picky...Elsie decided she didn't like the Rollup...and James enjoys mocking everything his sister does, so he wouldn't eat any either! But, let me tell you, they missed out big time...they were some pretty good rollups! I finished off that whole pan in no time...so good...and all natural with no sugar added even! I need to make more!
I am linking up at the Anderson Crew for Embrace the Camera today...check it out!



2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Now I know I need a dehydrator!

Jessa said...

so yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...