Thursday, February 23, 2012

Embrace the Camera {ME}


My rambling thoughts...
Last night was Ash Wednesday...Elsie enjoyed celebrating Advent with me this year...so I have high hopes of her really being able to grasp the whole concept of Lent this year. A few nights ago we discussed the concept of giving something up...and we agreed that starting a new and good habit would be a better idea for this year. We need to be better at prayers...for meal time and bedtime. So saying regular prayers is our good habit for Lent. We have the traditional Catholic meal time and bedtime prayer memorized...and even little James loves to fold his hands and pray with us...his favorite is the great "Amen" at the end!
To start Lent out right the kids and I attended the Ash Wednesday services at church last night...I thought about not going, but I figured that was not a good way to teach Elsie about the importance of Lent! I thought about having my parents watch James...but I figured he needed to go with also...I do not agree with the whole "keep the baby/children out of church" thing. So, at almost bedtime I packed the kids up and went to church...determined that it was going to be a good evening and that James would do wonderful in church and not need to be brought out.{that is our failed goal almost every Sunday!} And all went fine...for like the first 15 minutes! James was digging in my wallet...I figured he was just gathering coins for offering like he normally does. But this time he decided to take handfuls and THROW them! Not a good idea...that is loud and rather distracting for those around us to be sprinkled with coins...I grabbed his hands which made his scream...loud screams! So, I quickly jumped up to bring him out...and Elsie followed...only after she accidentally spilled my wallet on the floor, scattering the remainder of the coins. Lovely. So, after a stern talking to James, we went and sat back down. All went good. Until James decided to scream because I was not willing to untuck my shirt and expose my belly so he could see my belly button. We went back out...where he promptly found a tall flag on a stand. Yep, he knocked the whole darn flag down and stood there with a dumb expression like, "I totally didn't know it would fall over if I pushed it!". I picked the flag up and made the kids both stand silently in the doorway with me until the end of the service, then we went back to our pew to pick up coins, put on socks and shoes{because James finds he can worship best barefoot!} and put on coats. Then home to bed. It was worth it. We participated in the Ash Wednesday services. We read in our Lenten devotional book. My kids will have an understanding of the beauty of Easter. I hope!
I am linking up with the Anderson Crew again today for Embrace the Camera...


1 comment:

carla said...

hahaha, hilarious!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...