Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Visiting Santa...

Last week Santa and Mrs. Claus were at the local bank...every year we wait to go see this Santa and Mrs. Claus...because they are the sweetest looking couple...and we can snap as many pictures as we want without being charged! Last year we brought the kids to the mall...and we paid an arm and a leg for 2 terrible pictures!
 This is the best one we got this year. Every year I put the best Santa Claus picture in silver frame with the year engraved on it...Elsie's first Christmas is only picture we have framed that does on include the aunties! There is no way in heck my kids are about to stand within 30 feet of Santa without the protection of those Aunties! I kinda like that though about our collection of Santa pictures...it tells more of a "true" side of my children!
 This was as close as James would get to Santa...he peeked inside the stocking...but he refused to take it from Santa without my help...silly...
 The kids after visiting with Santa...Santa gave each of them a huge stocking filled with lots of little treasures!
 I just had to share these adorable pictures...my kids were so excited about going to see Santa...it took them both quite awhile to get ready! Elsie had to wear her Christmas dress...which meant James had to wear his Christmas shirt...even his tie! At one point it was very quiet in the kid's room...so I peeked in and found them both huddled around the mirror and jewelery box...
 Elsie later told me that she was washing her brother's hands with hand sanitizer...because she told him, "messy boys can't go see Santa!" and he just sat there and calmly let her wash his hands!
 I love the relationship these two have...they truly love each other! I find it so enduring that when Elsie is gone for the afternoon playing at the aunties house, James will walk around the house, looking in every room calling, "Els, Els" over and over...when he can't find her he cries. And many times if Elsie and I go to town and leave James at home with Daddy, Elsie almost starts to cry because she misses her brother when he looks at his empty carseat! I love that James knows Elsie can take care of everything for him...I love the way that Elsie holds James hand and helps him walk down the front step while I lock the door...then they run hand in hand to the car. I love the way that James has to be the one to give Elsie her bedtime cup of milk...and the way that before bed they hug each other, kiss each other on the forehead and say, "God be with you, God bless you." I hope these two will always be there for one another...and be each others best friends.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...