Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Letters and Pickles...

Elsie's favorite thing to do lately is to write words. I love it when she is sitting at the table with her little notebook and pencil and she yells into the kitchen, "mom, how do you spell party" {or some such word.} She is getting pretty good at knowing what each letter looks like, but ever now and then she will throw some crazy looking marking in there is not even a letter at all! She is also into making letters "look all nice and fancy"...thus making so darn many curly-q's on every letter I can hardly even tell what letter it is! I have heard tales of how I exasperated I made my mom because of my extreme decorating of every letter I made...so I kinda cringe a little! And my mom laughs and says, "pay backs!"
 A while ago I found these cute little letter stampers in the dollar section at Target...and I thought they would be a perfect way to help Elsie work on letter reconization while still being fun!
 A big jar of freshly canned pickles for a snack during stamping time is always a plus...
 Elsie made little papers for her aunties...she stamped thier names then added, "love Elsie". All I had to do was tell her what letter came next and she figured it all out.
 Please ignore the super long and dirty nails in these pictures...when working on letters who has time to clip and clean nails?! After vouge sees these nails it just might be the new "in thing"...so think of us as super trendy!

1 comment:

rachael {imagine gnats} said...

i remember well when my oldest got into that "i want to spell out and write everything down" phase. there's something so adorable about that. and i get the same laughs from my parents who always said they hoped i would have a kid just like me ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...