Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday Phone Dump...

Friday again...this week literally flew by! We had a week full of craft projects that kept us quite busy...when both the sewing machine and the mod podge are pulled out in the same week, it is a good week in my opinion!
1. My black shiny high heels...I wore them on our 1 1/2 block walk to church last Sunday...I paid for it later with a sore back. Someday I will learn...maybe. {Elsie is learning from my great shoe habits and wore her plastic dress-up shoes to church!}

 2. Elsie has decided that she is too big to ride in the baby jogger on our walk to Church...but we still must bring the double stroller because, in her words, "Do you really expect my poor baby to not ride? Come on, now!" Daddy caved in and proudly pushed James and a doll all the way to church...
 3. Going home...Jon walks fast...and I can hardly keep up with my heels...I must have looked like quite a site running along to keep up!
 4. Clothing dilemmas! Jon has no fashions sense at all...and Elsie would say I looked great in any funky get-up...so I have to take full length pictures of myself and text them to my mom to get her opinion on what I should wear. If she doesn't respond I have to text them to some of my sisters. What did I do before texting?  
 5. The kids and I went up to the local $ store and bought a couple packages of giant crayons...after got home we got busy shredding the crayons with a carrot peeler. We then melted the shredded crayons between wax paper using the iron. A fun and easy little craft project.
 6. Daddy and Elsie made a "car" by duct taping a tote and a box together. They even cut little door flaps out on the box. This has kept the kids busy all week. Gotta love the creative things kids can come up with, using just a box!
 7. Yesterday afternoon I made a little fabric holster for a toy gun. Elsie is dressing up as Annie Okley for Halloween...so we needed a holster! James loves the little holster...I think I will be making more! If anyone knows of a good tutorial let me know...
 8. My big project for the week is making Glittered High Heels! I went to the Salvation Army and bought a pair of old shoes for $3...now I am following a tutorial on Pinterest to make them Sparkly shoes!
 9. Almost done...tonight I am waiting for the 2nd coat to dry so I can do some touch up's...can't wait to try them out!
 10. My house...I feel like I always have to choose, either a clean house or craft time. Can't have both. This week I chose craft time during the day and major pick-up time at night. It is amazing the damage two little kids can do!
I am linking up with Life Rearranged again this week...check it out...
life rearranged

3 comments:

Nikki @ Saving For A Rainy Day said...

Finally joined a church that I can walk to! But you will not catch me walking in heels. I'd have to leave ours a head of time (a hill is involved!)

I want to make the sparkly shoes for me and my girl. They are so cute!!

 The Morris Family said...

Wow, I have never heard of making your won sparkling shoes....creative!! and hey, memories made while doing craft projects!!!

Happy Friday!!

Jamie said...

I love those shoes! I hope they turn out and the glitter doesn't all fall off! I would hate to have glitter engrained in my carpet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...