Monday, October 31, 2011

Fall...

I am writing this on Sunday night and scheduling it to post Monday night...because tomorrow night I shall be busy traipsing around town with my children, knocking on doors and shouting "Trick-or-treat!" Then by the time we get home I am sure we will have a big overly-tired and too much sugar melt-down...more than likely it will not be a pretty sight because I will probably join my children and have a melt-down with them...simply because that is easier just to join in on the melt down rather than try to be the only sane one. But I am sure before the melt-down begins, we will be having a blast...and I am sure I will take far to many pictures...
 These pictures were taken a few weeks ago when the leaves were just beginning to turn...now very few leaves are left on the trees. We have a couple trees in the side yard that turn a lovely bright gold colour...I love the look of coloured leaves all over the side walk and grass...you will not catch me raking those leaves up...not because I am lazy, just because I love the look of fallen leaves so much...
 My kids still get confused about the weather...they are slowly catching on to the fact that cooler weather means you must wear shoes and a coat. Lately on the radio we have heard the weather guy talk about a mixture of rain and SNOW! Elsie gets very excited when she hears that...she has visions of waking up to piles and piles of snow.
 After Halloween it feels like fall is over...we replace the Halloween decorations for the Thanksgiving ones for a few short weeks before those are replaced with the Christmas decorations. Time marches on, sometimes a bit to fast...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...