Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Birthday Evening...

I am posting this a little late...like a month late! My mom's birthday was over a month ago...we celebrated the day with cupcakes and a campfire. After we did the whole "eating cake" thing we headed out to the ol' camper, {aka the Party Shack}turned up some music, lit a fire and took out the roasters and marshmallows. It was a perfect evening for a campfire...

 Love this picture...my parents surrounded by some of their children and grandchildren. This picture represents everything I desire in my own life. I don't want things or money in life...I just want family. Nothing is worse than being lonely...my parents don't even know what lonely feels like!
 Everyone has such a blast at campfires. I love the set up my parents have for campfires. The camper is never used for camping...it just stays right there and is used for fun events, like campfires. It feels like we are so far away from the house...in a whole new world...but in all reality the house is just beyond the trees.
 My mother is the kind of mother who always thinks she so "on top of things" {and she is!} so it is always a huge challenge to get her a "good" gift on her birthday. This year we surprised her good! She said she didn't want anything...but where is the fun in that? Lisa began planning the gift way back in June. {thought I am such a blabber mouth I was not told until 3 weeks before!} So...everyone chipped in and surprised her with a new Nikon camera! She was surprised...she suspected nothing...Mission accomplished!
 The kids kept busy during the campfire playing in the giant hole Colter made with the skid-loader. I always find it interesting that kids can find anything entertaining!
 The pile of campfire wood always provides plenty of entertainment also...
Soon it became dark out...James was put to bed...sparklers were brought out...fun times, I tell ya!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...