Monday, August 29, 2011

Special Cups...

I love the simple things in life... and I do my best to pass that on to my children. I collect pretty cups from garage sales and thrift stores. I don't collect anything in particular...so long as I love it, I collect it! I love having mis-matched cups around the table. An odd number of cups in a set is okay by me...some of our very favorite cups are just a single cup. As Elsie gets older she loves to help me scout out pretty cups!
We go in little spurts of having "favorite" cups...cups that we use at every meal for a couple days...always filled with ice-water. Right now Elsie has a vintage pink cup with 2 handles...it looks so dainty and perfect...hers came from an estate sale a few years ago. James has a heavy brown mug with a handle...we fell in love with his at a garage sale because it screams "boyish mug"! Mine is a vintage sunny yellow cup...we found a set of 6 for a couple dollars at a garage sale. We each know which cup belongs to who because we use these everyday. When I put the tray of cups down on the table even James knows the brown cup is his! And in a few weeks we will each have a new favorite cup. Gotta embrace the simple things in life...






1 comment:

carla said...

i remember changing out our dishes sets when you kids were little...usually mis-matched plates from garage sales...dishes you girls fell in love with. y'all thought it was so cool to be eating off those "new" plates! and even now the younger kids (and elsie) continue to have their favorite plates and glasses here...good and fun memories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...