Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Embrace the Camera~ Pizza for Dinner

Once a week Elsie and I make homemade gluten and dairy free pizza for dinner...I mix up the dough in the morning...and in the evening Elsie gets to help spread the sauce on...

...and add lots and lots of pepperoni! Elsie is just like her daddy...the more pepperoni the better!

Sometimes it can take half an hour to get the pizza perfectly perfect to put in the oven...not that Elsie is particular or anything!

I get the sprinkle the dairy free cheese on top...we use very little cheese...just enough for a hint of a taste...

We always have to wear an apron when we cook...Elsie wears a big red checked apron...and I get to wear a snowman apron...no matter what the season! It is on my list to make some cute ruffle aprons...in some cute shabby chic fabric...we'll see if it ever happens!

Sometimes when Elsie has a creative streak when cooking...she stuck a red grape in the center of the pizza. She assured me it would make the whole pizza taste "amazin' "...after the pizza was done she thought the grape looked " disgustin' "...so we threw the grape away and just enjoyed the pizza!

James was keeping pretty busy while Elsie and I worked on the pizza...he found a bag of potato chips and was happier than happy can be...he normally doesn't get chips...unless I am trying to get him to sit still while I get something done...he never gets the whole bag though!

Sometimes I have to ask myself why I allow my children to have so much freedom! Grapes on pizza, little tiny pieces of chips all over the floor...at least I know my children are not stifled and have a great creative mind...





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...