Monday, June 13, 2011

Turtles...

A few weeks ago Papa Wayne called to tell us the kids had found a turtle...so we did the only logical thing to do...we grabbed the camera and headed over in our pajama's to check that turtle out!
Elsie has quite a response about turtles..." Those darn things pee so often. My aunties always find disgustin' things like that...and they really like them! Gross!" Elsie always has an opinion about everything!I don't think a single summer passes when I was little and we did not find several turtles, frogs, baby bunnies and baby birds to try to keep as pets! We actually kept a small box of bunny "formula" in the pantry because we would find so many bunnies every year...fun memories...even if I did mostly watch my older sister do most of the caring for the animals!


James is going to be quite a nature lover! He enjoyed carefuly touching the turtle...Elsie on the other hand would not get too close...she knows all to well how much turtles love to pee!

*I kinda dread the day James expects to bring wild animals in the house to care for them like a pet...My hope is he will be contented to leave all things wild at Grammie and Papa Wayne's house!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...