Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Embrace the Camera...In The Car...

Last week my sister, Ana and her 2 children were here all week...One day while she was here Ana, her baby Gus, my sister Lisa, James and myself took a little one-and-a-half hour trip to see our other sister, Ceara. Ceara is in Cosmetology School...and Ana trusted her to cut and colour her hair...brave...I only let her trim my bangs!
Lisa and I had the grand vision of doing a little shopping while Ana got her hair done...Gus would be sleeping the whole time, James would happily ride along in the stroller and babble to himself and Lisa and I could do all the shopping our hearts desired! Ummm...reality check! James cried...okay he screamed... and Gus needed his mama after one store!

Next best thing...Taco's from Taco Johns's in the car and a few self-portrait pictures...and lots of people watching! We did manage to get to one store before James had enough shopping...I came out with a pair of black heals and Lisa came out with pair of jeans. Eating Taco's in the car was far more fun anyhow, right Lisa!?

Lisa was quite a trooper on our little adventure...She puts up quite a bit and always remains calm! Our car ride to the College was quite the adventure...James decided he really didn't want to sit in his seat anymore...and he let us know by crying louder and louder until it was a full fledged scream! We pulled over so I could nurse the little stinker in hopes of him drifting off to sleep...but no...he just wanted to sit on the floor and play...so we drove on with him screaming in his seat again. James screamed...it woke 3 month old Gus...who screamed because he needed his mama to take care of him. Thank goodness for red lights...Ana and I jumped out and switched so I could drive and she could soothe Gus. We made it to the College...Ana got her hair coloured...Lisa and I did a tiny bit of shopping...we ate our Taco's...A good day in the end. I am happy to say the ride home went better...both kids slept! And our children must not have scared Lisa off to badly...she always readily accepts when I ask her to go shopping with me!

(please note we were not driving in this picture...we sat in the parking lot for well over an hour waiting for Ana and enjoying those Taco's!)

7 comments:

Amy H. said...

GRRRRREAT {insert my Tony the Tiger voice} shots. I love the angle and the moments they captured. I will be "borrowing" it :)

Thanks for linking with me, keep Em in your prayers.
Amy

Ruthie Hart said...

I agree with Amy H....the shot is so cool! Is it with a fish eye?

shasta said...

I shot these pictures using a cheap $10 wide angle filter I bought from Amazon...I use this all the time! Best $10 spent!!

Wendy said...

Ahh.. always an adventure in the life of a Mama!

Boni Lady said...

found your blog in the {embrace the camera} world.... love the embrace moments, but I have to say when you mentioned taco johns, you lost me. i don't have TJs here in oklahoma... i miss it...a lot! Love Taco Johns! LOL... anyways, glad you had fun family time!!

Jami said...

sweet pictures. I often have visions of shopping with my kids, but it never happens ;)

Eva said...

These pictures are cracking me up! Fun way to pass the time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...