Thursday, March 31, 2011

Snack Bags...

If you read my blog you know I have a thing against plastic...the very idea of my children eating healthy little snacks from a plastic baggie just does not seem like a wise idea to me...so last week we made a little snack bag out of cotton fabric. When it gets dirty we can simply throw it in the wash...a very "green" thing to do! James has a little green and white polka-a-dot bag with a zipper...and Elsie's has Velcro...I have plans to make more with a Velcro closure. These little bags are way easier than plastic baggies for little fingers to get into... Elsie chose a cute little numbers print for the inside lining...I had no pattern to follow...so I am impressed it turned out so good! These little bags are super easy to make...I made this one in about 15 minutes with 2 fat quarters and a little Velcro. Elsie waited very patiently for me to finish so she could play picnic...carrots and a cheese sandwich...and yes, she still insisted in wrapping her sandwich in plastic wrap! She didn't want to get the bag dirty...now that the bag is a few days old the plastic wrap has been forgotten and the bag gets good and dirty!
Packing the new snack bag for an inside picnic...dreaming out being outside on a real picnic...
And she is off...snack bag in hand...I later found the stale sandwich and carrots in her room...I guess she wasn't so hungry after all! Oh...and the bag was full of Barbie clothes! I think the concept of a snack bag will take some getting used to!
One of my next projects is to make some flowers for this winter head wrap...
Okay, Okay...enough pictures already! We have been having some fun days creating...

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Love this! You should look on etsy or the SouleMama books because there are cloth sandwich wraps to replace plastic wrap. They work pretty good.

Also, I have to tell you that I LOVE the inside swing hanging in the doorway. I'll have to suggest that idea to my husband. Our littles get a bit stir crazy in the house during these long winters and that is a great idea!

shasta said...

Theresa~ I will have to look on Etsy for some ideas on cloth wrap...love Etsy!
And the swing is the best thing ever! we have 2 sets of hooks in the doorway...one for a swing and one for the baby swing. I grew up with a swing in the house so it is a perfectly natural thing for me to have one hanging in the door way! To tell the truth I enjoy the swing also...I often put James on my lap and Elsie on my feet and swing...keeps them entertained while I talk on the phone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...