Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Confession...

My confession is that I have a terrible addiction...I cannot control it...and I don't really want to control it! My addiction is Photography...I take a ridiculous amount of pictures...pictures of everything...every little detail. I don't want to forget the adorable way Elsie insists on wearing her gold sparkly shoes on the wrong feet...or the way James smears black beans across his face and smiles till we laugh at him...all those little details and moments are the things that make my life perfect...and I simply want to photograph them in my vain attempt to freeze time... Now that I upload all my pictures in files on Photobucket I just see how many pictures I take...I tend to average pretty close to 1,000 a month! At night after the kids are in bed is when I go through all my pictures...upload and edit and blog. I find that I am normally always about 2 weeks behind on blogging because I take so many pictures...and all of them seem to have a story behind them or I just really want to post them so we can look back and remember. When I freak out a little about being "behind" on posting I remind myself that I blog to create a family journal of our everyday life...no matter how "old" the picture or stories are!

1 comment:

carla said...

i'm glad you girls take the time to record all the little details in your life - it's all those little details that make everything so much sweeter. keep photographing and blogging - time goes by way too fast...these are the sweet days of your life.

i am envious at how much nicer and easier (and fun!) it is now days to keep a family journal and scrapbooks - you kids have the advantage of using a computer, digital cameras, blogging and lots of cool things right at your fingertips. i'm lovin all this new technology stuff!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...