Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Birth of Angelina...

Angelina is now a little over
1 week old...
It seems so strange to think that a week ago
I was rubbing my giant belly and
 wondering when she would be born...
now I sit here typing this with a
perfect little babe laying on my lap.
And it feels like this one week old babe has
always been here...
~
My other 2 labors have been very long.
With both kids I labored at home all day long before
going to the hospital.
So I expected the same thing this time around,
but I was caught off guard for sure!
We spent all day Sunday at my parents house
visiting with my sister from out of town.
I had contractions, but nothing more than normal.
That night I woke up around 2am
with strong, painful contractions at just 5 min apart.
I timed then for awhile.
Then text my mom and sisters and told them
I thought I was in labor.
Jon was supposed to be getting up at 3:15 to leave for work,
so I woke him and told him he better stay home.
After I took a bath the contractions were
3-4 min apart...and becoming more painful.
So I put some make up on
and mentally prepared for giving birth!
 By the time my sister came to watch the kids,
I knew I was fully dilated and kinda fighting the urge to push.
Jon walked into the room as I was having a very strong
contraction and breathing through it while
having my sister press pressure points on my back...
I guess his eyes got big and he went outside
and pulled the car up as close as possible to the door!
We just live about 2 minutes from the hospital...
but Jon made it there in record time...
I think I may have scared him when I
told him I felt like pushing
when we were half ways there.
Baby didn't want to wait to make her appearance!
 My mom and sisters met us at the hospital...
they knew something was up when they
saw our van pulled way up to the ER doors,
still running with no one inside!
Once we were in the O.B. room the nurse checked me,
confirmed I was completely dilated and the baby was
ready to be born.
They quickly called my Dr, then called the
ER doctor in case my Dr didn't make it in time!
The worst part of all was being told I had to
breath through the contractions until my Dr got there! 
My body didn't like that!
Naturally my body starting pushing anyhow.
The bag of waters came out...
It didn't break, but some of the bag 
slipped out.
It was the craziest thing...even the Dr said she had 
never seen that before. 
 Every time I would have a contraction
the room got silent,
and everyone stood around my watching.
It was the weirdest feeling!
Everyone gave a huge sigh of relief when the Dr finally came in!
After the Dr. got there,
I was able to push through the next 2 or 3 contractions
and she was
Born!
We had made it to the hospital with about 20 min to spare!
 The nurse later told me I freaked her out,
walking in fully dilated and ready to give birth!
I guess she was a new nurse and though she was going to
wind up delivering the baby!
 A perfect little girl...
and my biggest baby at 7lbs 4oz.
by the time we left the hospital her weight was 6lbs 13oz...
same as James' birth weight.
And at her 72 hour weight check she was back at 7lbs 3oz!
 The birthing crew...
My mom was in charge of the camera...
{She got some great shots!}
and my sisters Lisa and Laura.
Laura was also in the room when James was born.
And Jon...
He is always calm in the birthing room,
and comes home just as tired out as me!
We text Jon's mom and invited her to come too...
but she arrived just seconds after Angelina was born!
 Our prefect baby girl...
She was crying moments after being born!
I started nursing her within the first 20minutes...
and she latched right on and
has been a champion nurser ever since!
 It was a crazy night...
waking up at 2am,
giving birth at 4:33am...
As soon as the Dr left, it was
calm and peaceful.
Jon and I were able to admire our
new daughter.
Jon cuddled her while I bathed.
Then, Jon was back home with the kids
by 7:30am
Talk about a wild and crazy night!
 It was a perfect night for her to be born.
Thank goodness Jon was already home,
or he would have missed her birth!
And we now have an October birthday...
out of everyone in my family
there was not a single October birthday!
She was born just 13 days early...
so it is strange to think her due date
hasn't even passed yet!
 Daddy and daughter...
cuddling...what can be better!?
I think it's safe to say that we are
all in love with little 
Angelina Viviana.
The kids fight over who is going to hold
her first or
who is going to pick out her clothes.
Sometimes I find myself staring at her,
thinking, "wow, she is just so perfect!"
She is the perfect addition to our family...
We couldn't be happier...


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...