Friday, June 22, 2012

Tire Swing...

I think my kids are some of the luckiest kids around...how many other kids get to live all week with their grandparents? {those poor grandparents, I know!} And Grammie and Papa Wayne have so many fun things to keep them busy...like the tire swing by the campfire!

I was shocked to discover that both Elsie and James can climb to the very top of the swing...by themselves! Makes me almost think I should watch them closer than I do. Jon assures me it is just a matter of time before we have to  rush James to the ER with a broken bone.
My kids are daredevils...and it makes me kinda happy. My mom said her brother once gave her a compliment by saying that one of her kids were always getting hurt. It may seem like a strange compliment, but it really wasn't...too many people today are "helicopter parents"...forever hovering over their kids...protecting them from everything that could possibly cause any little amount of danger. Kids need to explore and discover things...and getting little owies along the way is all part of the discovery process.
My kids are fully enjoying their childhood...and getting plenty of bumps and bruises along the way...

1 comment:

carla said...

correction - my brother said that about *all* of you kids - and the truth was you kids were busy, soo busy, and were all little daredevils because you were allowed to engage in that sort of fun....

glad your kids love it here - i think all the little grandkiddos have tons of fun here, so much to do living out in the country....

-mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...