Monday, June 4, 2012

Mud Puddles...

My children have a strange magnetic-like pull toward mud puddles...I think all kids have that same magnetic pull towards any kind of water...I remember one time letting the kids I nannied for go bath in a mud puddle...they had mud everywhere and needed a good head to toe scrubbing after they were done!
It was a very warm 80' day out...so why James is in jeans and a hat I don't know...I will go with the excuse of "his father dressed him" rather than say that James has my stubbornness and refused to wear cooler clothes!
The last few weeks have been very rainy...leaving behind some perfect mud puddles for stomping it! They kids eyed the puddles as soon as we went home for the weekend!
I am posting a rather ridiculous amount of pictures in this one post...but I love them all...the carefree spirit of childhood...

James loves his mud boots...and he wears them everyday...he even wears them shopping...in fact, he wears them so often that it looks very strange to see him wear any other shoes!
Jon had gone up to the store for some dinner, so every time they heard a car drive past, they stood perfectly still waiting to see if it was Daddy... 


James found a bucket in the sandbox and decided to scoop the water up and bring it to the sandbox to make more mud!

Elsie is my super girly-girl who love nail polish, hair bows and pink...but she sure knows how to get good and dirty too! She did have to go inside and decided on the perfect dress to wear before getting muddy though!

Elsie decided to fill her pockets with mud water...
It made her happy...and mud washes out...so we let her enjoy the moment...
What a fun afternoon...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...