Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Solar Eclipse

Last week the kids got to watch the partial solar eclipse...The sun was super bright...the kids wore sunglasses outside to protect their eyes...and they all took turn looking at the sun through papa Wayne's and Ryan's welding masks...
I remember watching solar eclipse when I was little...and one time I remember staying up super late and looking through the telescope and viewing Halie's Comet! I was probably only 5 years old, and we all stood outside under what we call the "Indian Tree" in the front lawn and watched...and my great-grandma was visiting for the summer and she saw it with us...it was her second time seeing the famous comet! I love knowing that little moments like watching a comet has forever been etched in my memory...and I wonder what simple things we do will be etched in my children's memory. Every little moment and event has the potential to be a grand memory...
I tried taking a picture of the solar eclipse through the welding mask...it didn't work too well...but it is still a fun picture!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...