Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Writing...

My girl is a writer...she almost always has a pen and a little notebook with her. I find it fun to watch her progress through play...at first she just scribbled, imagining she was truly writing. Then it changed to writing random letters. Then to writing words she knows by heart...like her name and her aunties names. Now she has progressed to drawing a random picture {like a cookie} and writing the first letter of the word after sounding it out. I love that she loves words and writing...
She also loves her dollies...we never go anywhere without a doll under her arm. Sometimes we even have to buckle the doll into the car in the little dolly carseat. One day I was in a bit of a hurry to leave the house so I told Elsie to hurry up...she looked at me with her big eyes and very dramatically said, " Do you seriously want my baby to freeze to death with no blanket!?" That said, I gave her enough time to finish getting her baby ready before we left!
I have to share a little more Elsie humor...just because she can say the darndest things to crack me up! One day James was bothering Elsie so she said, "James, if you don't stop it I am going to have to use the F word!" I popped my head up pretty fast in a bit of shock...wondering what in the world she was going to say next. "Shut Up" she then yelled out. I breathed a sigh of relief and laughed. The F word = Shut Up...it is now a family joke!

1 comment:

Contemplating Beauty said...

This is absolutely adorable and darling, I love those pictures of her, and her dolly right next to her!
Good job, ....I love that she's a writer of course!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...