Monday, February 13, 2012

Baking Days...

My kids love to help me bake...and I love having them help me...for the most part! Usually every few weeks we will have a big baking day...we move the KitchenAid to the big counter and bake our hearts out all day! First on our list is always Oatmeal cookies...followed by muffins of some kind...some kind of a special snack like Blueberry Snack Cake...and we even make a batch of pizza dough...one pizza to eat and one to keep in the freezer for when the mood strikes! On our baking days we literally spend all afternoon baking...
Elsie is my helper...she loves to sit up on the counter and pour things in the mixer, dump the batter into the pans... oh, and plenty of finger licking!
Elsie takes her job as helper very seriously! James also loves to help...but his helping normally makes the job way harder than it should be!
So while Elsie and I bake, James does what he does best...makes messes! I have discovered that if I take the junk drawer out and let him go through it he will remain very busy and contented for quite some time!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...