Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Cookie Making...

A few weeks before Christmas we went to the co-op and stocked up on rice flour, tapioca, potato starch and vegan butter...then we came home and donned our festive Holiday aprons, cranked up the Christmas music and started making Christmas cookies!
 We made double batches of thumb print and peanut blossom cookies...though we substituted the peanut butter for sunbutter...
 Elsie helped by adding plenty of sprinkles to the thumb print cookies! Love the way kids sprinkle!
 As you can tell cleaning my oven is top priority...haha! {side note...we have lived in our house for a couple years now and I have NEVER cleaned the oven...gross!} Anyhow...I didn't burn a single cookie...I was pretty proud of myself...not that I have a knack of letting cookies get overly done or anything!
 James job was tasting the cookies...he is pretty good at taking a quick little nibble and putting the cookie back...he thinks he is so sneaky I don't notice him...but rest assured I do notice...I just mostly choose to ignore it...little nibbles of several cookies isn't all that harmful, right...after all it is Christmas time!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...