Wednesday, December 21, 2011

St. Lucia Day...


Last week we celebrated St. Lucia Day...with a lovely breakfast in bed, with candles lit and everything looking lovely. The night before St. Lucia day the kids were so excited...so to make it even a little more magical we lit the St. Lucia wreath candles and fell asleep by candle light...how perfectly lovely is that!? Don't worry, I stayed awake because {for the most part} I know better than to fall asleep with candles burning!
 Soon after waking up I brought the trays of breakfast food in...mini pancakes, home made apple fritters and pineapple...and cereal because some people do best with the same routine every morning.
 Elsie is very aware that it is traditionally the responsibility of the oldest daughter to be the one serving everyone...but she is still a little young to be the server...she still though she better put her crisp white shirt on so she looked a little like St. Lucia. I am sure someday Elsie will very possessively take over the serving part just fine!
 At the Children's request we did a timed picture with me in it too! Now everyone can see how lovely I look when I wake up in the morning.
 I will be honest...I didn't really think breakfast in bed would be a good experience this year...thanks to a busy little guy...but to my surprise he did beautifully...he ate his breakfast and didn't make a huge mess! I am glad I didn't back out on our breakfast in bed tradition...
 This picture is funny...makes me laugh. We had a lovely St. Lucia breakfast in bed...the kids have warm fuzzy memories...love traditions! {another plus to breakfast in bed with kids is a change of sheets...slipping into warm clean sheets at bedtime makes it all worth it!}
 See...not too messy...but just messy enough for clean sheets! Breakfast in bed...a perfect way to start the day...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...