Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas Tree's and Little Fingers...


Last year Elsie and went to town in search of the perfect little tree for her room...and she found a pink one...go figure! She is a pink girl all the way! This was the first little tree we put up this year...the day after Thanksgiving! She was excited!
 Hanging the bright sparkly bulbs kept both the kids busy for awhile! I loved watching them...Elsie is so careful and thinks it though before just placing a bulb somewhere. James is the complete opposite!
 James has done way better with leaving all the Christmas decorations alone than I thought he would be...we only put out stuff that is pretty Child friendly...and *most* of the glass ornament are hung way up high in the tree so little fingers can't reach. I say *most* because he did find some down low... 
 One morning while Elsie and I were getting washed up James came around the corner holding a bright red, glass bulb...I was just telling him to be careful and give it to me...then he squeezed too tightly with one hand and shattered the bulb in his little hand! As I turned his hand over to shake the glass on the floor...I noticed little drops of blood dripping on the floor too! He cut the top of his pointer finger pretty good...soaking through 4 band-aids in less than 5 minutes! After waiting a little while, the bleeding wasn't stopping so I brought him to the Dr. They glued his little finger up good as new! This boy is giving me grey hair already! 
The evening after he cut his finger, I found him standing on the end table playing with the lamp...I was just telling him to leave the lamp alone, and he touched the light bulb...and burnt the glue from the dr off his finger...and the little flap of skin that was over his cut! He also burned his other finger to the point of having a blister...lovely! Needless to say he was in a bit of pain that night...an ice-pack and mommy cuddles made it better. And as of today his finger is healing up good...and the blister is almost gone. However, after all that I am sure he didn't learn his lesson...he seems to be either a very slow learner or a forever curious boy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...