Thursday, October 6, 2011

Campfire Night...

After we were done at the beach...my parents went home to their house and we came home to our house. We were going to have a little campfire...so we called up my parents and told them to come over and enjoy the campfire with us. It was very spontaneous thing! So spontaneous that we didn't even have paper plates...we just roasted a hotdog and rolled it up a paper towel and ate it. {We did have a couple dishes of Ketchup since we slightly over use ketchup on everything!} It seems like those spontaneous evenings always create the best memories. Several weeks later, Elsie still talks about this evening like it was the best time ever! The kids don't remember that we didn't have paper plates...they remember running to the back door every 10 minutes to activate the motion lights so we could see...or the cuddling in the big quilt and looking at the stars...all the giggles and funny stories. Those little things are the real memory makers...the little things are sometimes the most cherished things.


I feel like I end 90% of my posts with the same sentence..."a perfect evening". But, this really was another perfect evening. I love layed back evenings...and being surrounded with Family...I went to bed with happy thoughts...and I know my babies went to bed the same way. That is the best way to go to bed...with a smile on your face and happiness in your heart.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...