Thursday, July 21, 2011

Family Day...

A few weeks ago Jon was home so we headed to the beach for a fun family evening...Jon has been working lots of long hours lately...so we enjoy all the family time we can get!
I edited the picture below for Jon to use as his Facebook profile picture...thus the name in the corner of both pictures! I am totally in love with his sunglasses...he wears them simply to make me happy...they are so super dark he can barely see the gauges in the car while driving!

And I love Elsie's choice of head gear! She looks very retro...and colourful! She wore this headband the entire time we were swimming!

I enjoy wearing big floppy hats to the beach...except they always want to blow off when I am swimming...so Jon got good use out of the hat while I was in the water...He didn't want his delicate features to get a burn!

Because Elsie likes to be a unique kind of girl, she brought her American Girl magazine with to the beach...in her words, "in case I get bored!" And she really did have to circle a few things she really, really wants before getting in the water. The beach and a good read does mean pure relaxation...

The sky was so blue, the water so warm...a beautiful day!

We have all decided that this summer is the "summer of the beach"...everyone has been enjoying a trip to the beach far more than swimming in my parents pool. Maybe everyone just needs a change of pace...we do live in the "land of 10,000 lake" so we better embrace that and be thankful!

We have a nice little routine of swim a little, play in the sand a little...

You can tell Elsie has been raised around a pool...she just takes her floaty and swims was out deep with the kids! The kids can touch so I have nothing to be afraid of. We have already wore out one floaty this summer...our floaty's get lots of use!

Had to add this picture! While I was busy with the kids Jon had the camera...I imagined he was taking nice pictures of the kids playing in the water...but no, he was taking pictures of his wife's butt...a floppy looking butt at that! I laughed so hard when I was flipping through the pictures and saw this...I will admit it has made me double think about how I must look from the back view...but not too much...just yesterday I went up to the grocery store with my swim suit on and just my beach cover skirt! What a hot lookin' mama!? haha...hope it gives someone something to laugh at...




1 comment:

carla said...

haha, love that last picture, shasta! too funny.

and i agree, this summer will be forever known as "the summer of the beach" - i think my kids have rather liked going swimming in the lakes and pits far more than in our pool. i like it too - far less watery messes in my house! ha.

it's been a great summer - i just wish it wouldn't speed by so quickly.

-mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...