Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Outside...

We take advantage of all the nice days we have had by spending most of the day outside...James whines by the door and tries his best to pry the door open until I finally bring him out. Elsie is old enough this year to simply announce, "I am goin' out!"
James loves to crawl up the steps and go inside and find something to bring outside...he then does his best to crawl back down the steps...he mostly just falls down. Someday he will get it!

A favorite is bubble blowing. I think it is really just my hope that it will become the kid's favorite thing...because it is a nice quite and gently thing to do. The kids wildly chase after the bubbles I blow...all while screaming like a couple of wild banshees! The new spill-proof bubble holder thing I bought for the kids sits un-used in the garage...what can I say...my kids are too wild and crazy for bubble blowing!

This is James favorite spot...he takes little sticks and plays in the dirt in the driveway...and does his best to eat little rocks. And he sits close enough to the garage so he can quickly sneak in the moment he sees the door open. James loves to just stand in the garage and look around at all the guy stuff...he is such a boy!

We are borrowing this little slide from Grandma B. for the summer...James loves the slide on the swingset...and he tries to climb up the ladder and go down the big one by himself. So we thought a little slide might be a better option for him for now! He can now climb up the little slide and slide down all by himself...Elsie is thrilled that her brother can now take turns and slide down with her!

This boy simply never sits still...

Elsie was being goofy one night...we were playing outside after dinner one evening...we stayed out past bed time...and the "I am so tired I now think everything is funny" had kicked in. Elsie had me laughing so hard, too...she says the silliest things. She really does sound like a teen-ager most of the time...the new sayings today was, "What's up shakin' bakin' babe?"

She appears to be holding scissors and a ruler...not sure what is up with that! Scissors have been a favorite of Elsie's again...I find little shredded pieces of paper everywhere again...so annoying at times...

My girl...

This girls really need to slow down growing just a little bit. She is now in size 5 clothes and a whoppin' size 10 1/2 shoe! When did my baby grow up so much?! Elsie is now tall enough to reach the mailbox and get the mail out by herself...so that is now her daily job. She feels so proud of herself to walk to the mailbox all alone and get the mail. Such a big girl...




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...