Monday, May 2, 2011

My Little Guy...(and Girl)

James is now 9 months old...and a very busy boy! 9 months has been a month of huge growth for James...he has learning and discovered so many new things...sometimes it makes me a bit sad that my little baby is no longer such a little baby!
I am proud (I think!) to say that James is now a walking little guy! He has been pulling himself up to a standing position since he was 6 months out...so I didn't think there was any hope of him being a late 12 month walker like his sister! Every day James walks a little more...his feet still get a little tangled under him at times...but for the most part he does good...it is always fun to watch a baby learn to take those first few careful steps! Won't be long and he will be running after his sister...

James has also been talking a little bit...he has been saying, "mama" for a while now. But now he has added, "dada", "Emama" (auntie Emma) and "Uh", when something is interesting. Today he said "Dddd" when he saw the dog at Grammie and Papa Wayne house. As much as this boy babbles I think he will soon be talking our ear off...much like his sister! He also loves to wave to people...he always waves "hello" if someone says hi to him...quite a friendly little guy!

James is a good little eater, too...he never eats "baby food" anymore. The very idea of eating anything off a spoon from mommy is just a bit too much for him...he has to do it himself! He loves taco meat, carrot chunks, tater-tot hotdish...just about anything we put in front of him he gobbles up! His favorite snack is still Rice Chex cereal...he and Elsie love to share a bowl full of Rice Chex for a snack! All that eating would explain why this chunk weighs over 20 lbs...the Doctor saw him and said, "wow!"

My favorite thing about James is how easily he gets excited! When he is happy or excited he puts both arms strait up in the air and waves them back and forth very rapidly...similar to the sign for clapping! And this guy knows how to give kisses! I will ask for a kiss and smooch my lips together...James then opens his mouth wide and places his whole mouth over my lips...quite the slobbery kiss...but still adorable!

James has a couple favorite things, too. The first is his Daddy...James gets excited when he wakes up and finds Daddy sleeping next to him! When Jon is gone at work and I ask him, "Where is Daddy?" James will look at the picture of Jon on the play table and smile and wave his arms...James also has a little wallet size picture of he and daddy together that he carries all around with him.

His other favorite thing is going outside! He hates getting dressed to go outside...but after we have the clothes on he stands by the door waiting to go out...with his base ball cap on! He loves his hat...we always tell him he looks like Uncle Colter...James will smile and touch the hat. I think he really "gets it"...and the hat stays on the whole time while we are out!

And this girl...she just loves her brother...these two have so much fun together. It is her "job" to watch her brother when I take a shower...we pull the walker in the bathroom and Elsie keeps him busy and happy by giving him tooth brushes, fixing his hair in headbands, and pretending to paint his nails...Best Friends...May this never change...



2 comments:

Twinkling Stars said...

Both my girls walked at 9 and 10 months...it is an incredible achievement! But there were days when I left the room and came back and I wished they would still be right where I left them lying on a mat and not getting into the mischief they were in!

Shasta said...

My little guy is already into everything...so I can only imagine just how much worse it will be now that he is walking! I think he was afraid I would get bored so he figured he would better keep me busy! I enjoy reading your blog...love the imagination of your girls have!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...