Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Road Trip: Part 2...

I have been waiting and waiting to meet my new little nephew...and Finally...now that he is 6 weeks old we got to meet him! And Gus is adorable...a perfect little baby...I tried to steal him but his mama found out just in time! Even though Elsie was hoping for a girl cousin she thought Gus was a special little guy... Even though James was this little just a few months ago I seem to have forgotten how much babies sleep...we had to wait forever for the little guy to wake up...I really think he sleeps too much...and after waiting 6 weeks to meet him Elsie and I just wanted to wake him up to cuddle him!
Gus is one big baby...he is outgrowing his 3 month clothes already...and he needs a size 2 diaper already! It really is amazing how fast babies grow...Such a contented little guy...I only heard him cry when he was hungry or tired...but maybe he was just showing off for his auntie!?
I love these next two pictures...this is exactly what I have always dreamed of...my sister and I...surrounded by our children...we chat as our children happily play together. It doesn't get much better than this...this is Family!
James and Gus are just a few months apart...and I know they will have some good times together as they grow up! I am just wishing Ana and Brandon can buy their dream home soon so my children and I can come visit for a longer time!
But until they buy their dream home we will be contented to stay in the motel up town...and eat our morning bowl of Fruity Dino Bites in bed while watching cartoons...I have a funny feeling Ana and Brandon will not be okay with such things in their dream house!
It just so happened our whirlwind trip was on the same weekend as Oliver's 2nd birthday party...Elsie was so excited be able to go to the Birthday Party...and Gus slept through almost the entire party! I threatened to just take him out of his seat and wake him up because I needed some baby cuddles...but his mother wouldn't let me!
Elsie enjoyed the Birthday Party meal...hot dogs and Macaroni and cheese for the kids (Oliver's favorite meal!)...and Brats and Potato Salad for the adults...
Opening the gifts...Elsie wrapped Oliver's gift with duct tape...we had scotch tape but she insisted in making the gift look "boyish" with the duct tape...I think she has watched the Red Green Show one too many times!
After the gifts came the best part...Cupcakes! Oliver had 2 candles...and Elsie and Aubrey (Oliver's little friend) each had one candle in their cupcake to blow out! When everyone sang Happy Birthday poor little Oliver sobbed...he did not like it one bit...as soon as the singing was over he dried his tears and blew out the candles! Not sure what that was all about...
Happy Birthday Boy and his cupcake...Oliver has the clearest Blue eyes ever...and the funkiest hair!
When the party was almost over Gus finally woke up...and just wanted his mommy to nurse him! Love this picture...
We tried to get a picture of the little cousins together...but Elsie would not be in the picture...and James fell asleep...we got a cute picture of the Birthday boy and his little brother though!
This is the best cousin picture we got...better luck next time!
After the Birthday Party we said goodbye and headed back to the van for the 4 hour trip home...the kids road extremely good all the way home! Elsie is begging me to go on another long road trip this weekend...but I think last weekend's trip was enough for me for awhile! A fun, whirlwind trip...

1 comment:

carla said...

awww, beautiful shots! love that the kids were all together and havin' fun. and i *adore* the photo of you & ana with the kiddos surrounding you both - i need a copy of that one. sisters & cousins & family --- perfect!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...