Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Swim Time...

We live in Minnesota...winter is long...so very long...blah, blah,blah...I think the winter blues have set in...Elsie has a "blah-ness" about her...I can tell she needs to get out, get some fresh air and do something out of the ordinary and fun! So last week we called up the aunties and begged them to go swimming with us at the local pool...and they swam...for hours...we eventually had to tell them it was time to go...I think it was just what all the kids needed...and maybe mama, too!
James was excited to get in the big pool...and he was a good sport about wearing one of his sister's left over PINK swim diapers! Auntie Marissa and Uncle Colter were very good about taking turns holding James in the water...I did get in for a while...but they begged to take him and I wasn't about to turn them down...As a result I was able to look through some of my new Ikea catalog!
I have a funny feeling James is going to be a little fish this summer...he is going to fully expect to be able to go swimming every time he sees water! James is one lucky boy that his Aunties and Uncle are patient enough to take him swimming in the pool...I love how gentle Colter always is with him...I think James is going to grow up thinking the world of his Uncle!
I love this picture...I think my mom must have taken it while I was changing out of my suit...Talk about action...yet Elsie calmly hangs on to her Uncle...she must trust him completely! The kids all love the water...and you can tell we have all grown up with a pool in the backyard...at one point my mom and I were calmly watching the kids play when we noticed that Elsie was floating around in her floaty in the deep end! It took a couple moments to realize that the average person might have freaked out a bit...my mom and I just chuckled...she really was fine...
All to soon it was time to go...back out to the freezing cold tundra...maybe not quite that cold...but sometimes it feels that bad! We finished off the fun day with a little pizza party at my parents house. We than had to rush home to pack for a whirlwind car trip...a 5 hour car ride I might add with 5 small children! I have pictures to share soon...
A fun afternoon...just what we all needed to beat those winter blues!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...