Monday, January 10, 2011

A Little Prayer...

Elsie has taken upon herself to say a special little prayer at bed time...and I think it is so sweet. Every night Elsie prays this prayer, "Dear God, Please let us adopt a sister from Ethiopia. Amen." How much sweeter can a three-year old prayer get? Jon and I have always known at some point we would like to adopt a child, and we have talked about the possibility of adopting from Ethiopia...I guess Elsie heard us talking and took it upon herself to start praying about it! I thought she would just pray her prayer for a few night and forget...but she has not missed a single day since before Christmas...one day she fell asleep before prayer time so she prayed her prayer in the morning...she has real dedication! I have tried to get her to simply pray for a sister, because God might want us the adopt from somewhere else or have another biological child, but she refuses...it must be a baby girl from Ethiopia! Elsie wants a sister so badly...she has even started a piggy bank for the "Ethiopia Baby!" She has thought of everything...what to name the baby, where the baby will sit in the car, what toys the baby can play with...it is good to have a plan and focus, I guess!
While Elsie and I were shopping a few days ago she found a little Ethiopia doll...and she begged for it...I let her buy the doll with her own money...and the doll goes every where with her!
It will be interesting to see how long Elsie will continue her prayer and how God will answer her...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...