Saturday, January 1, 2011

Family Photo Shoot...

I am back! I am still waiting to get the Christmas eve pictures from my mom...so I will do a quick little post on our Christmas card pictures...we normally do the typical "smile at the camera" type of Christmas cards...so this year I decided to shake things up a bit...creative, unusual and fun!
We did a few with the back drop...then we headed for the Laundromat! I love the laundromat in town...so vintage looking! Jon was terribly uncomfortable...but he did it for me! Thankfully there were only a couple other people there doing laundry...and they just quietly watched as we did out little photo shoot. My mom took the pictures for us...and 2 of my sisters came along as photographers assistants to get the kids to look in the direction of the camera...
I love the whole thing...the colours, the vintage feel, the clothes, the sunglasses...perfect! I had this photo shoot in my head for several months...and I have next year's all planned out already...but my lips are sealed!


Elsie was able to still fit in her last year's Christmas skirt...don't quite know how since it is about 2 sizes smaller than she normally wears...but a good thing since it matches so well and I kinda spent an arm and a leg on it last year...so being able to wear it for 2 years is a plus!
The kids and I...after a while Jon had had enough and went to wait in the van...so just the kids and I were left...

At the very end of our photo shoot my mom and I spotted a HUGE fan...we looked at each other and thought...."fun, fun, fun, we gotta try it out!" So we turned it on and got a chair for a quick little photo shoot with the fan...we are so going back to the laundromat sometime to use the fan in more pictures!
I think year's photo shoot was a success...I love the all the photos...some people who received out Christmas cards have not "gotten" it...they laugh and think we are crazy...but I assure you we are crazy...crazy with a creative mind!



1 comment:

carla said...

you are a sexy mama! seriously. ha!

these pics were a blast to do --- and they turned out pretty cool. and never mind the nay-sayers, i say stay creative and keep having fun and keep laughing because it's all very good!!

remember..."soulshine is better than sunshine!"

-yer mama ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...