Monday, January 11, 2010

The Way it Is At Our House...

For most of last week Elsie still had her nasty cold...Lilly was teething...I was just plain pooped out from 2 crabby little ones and being pregnant...and the house fell by the way side...Snacks were eaten any time of the day anywhere you pleased...I was just happy to see that Elsie's appetite was returning!
Kleenexes were EVERYWHERE! I am not exaggerating one bit...when a 2 year old finally has a real reason to reach in the Kleenex box and help herself why not get out about 3 or 4 at a time!?
See...Kleenexes everywhere! We went through 1 regular box and over half of a giant box...I hope no tree huggers are reading this! I did try to get Elsie to use a burp rag...but we kept getting a spit-up rag for Lilly and a nose rag for Elsie messed up...so instead we used TONS of Kleenexes!
On Tuesday my family all came over for a visit...I would like to say they contributed to the mess...but I don't think they brought with a bobby pillow and I know the green shoes in front are mine!
The counter in the kitchen...looks like breakfast, snacks and just maybe some left over dinner still sitting out...
This is my favorite...I cannot handle dirty dished all stacked up... especially when the kitchen is the first room in our house you walk into! Good thing the social workers didn't decide to make a surprise visit last week!
I am happy to say the Jon surprised me by coming home Tuesday night and announcing that he had the remainder of the week off due to cold weather...I like to think that he knew I was at my wits end and choose to take the week off to help out! This week the kids seem to be doing better...no more runny nose for Elsie...no teeth yet for Lilly...but a much happier baby! And I was able to work on getting this house all cleaned up through out the weekend...a nice clean house and happy children...what can possibly go wrong this week? Other than 4 leaking spots in the dining room roof...but I am not thinking about that today!

1 comment:

carla said...

ha, i love it!! this is real life - and when the kids are sick they come first, not the house! you're just keepin' it real by posting these pictures --- and it's priceless!! trust me, someday you will miss all of this!

your dad, the kids and i will be over later to check out the roof...bummer that you've got a few minor leaks. we're just going through the typical january thaw right now - it's probably nothing - minnesota winters are tough. see ya in a bit...

-mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...