Thursday, August 27, 2009

A fine Day for a Picnic...

Yesterday was a perfect end-of-summer day...not to hot and not to cold...just right for a picnic! Last week I found a little wooden picnic table at a garage sale...and yesterday was our first of many picnics on the new table...
Elsie was so excited to eat on the new table...she was dancing around with excitement inside while I was preparing lunch...
I just loved watching her little feet go back-and-forth excitedly as we were eating...I don't think toddlers ever sit still...
We had left-over from the night before...chicken and rice soup...I loved the soup...Elsie on the other hand did not at all...eventually I just warmed up some mashed potatoes for her...
For dessert we had fresh peach pie...a very good treat! Elsie loved the pie...and wanted more! I found out that the brown sugar I borrowed from my parents to finish the pie must have been cross-contaminated! So...while the pie tastes great...it does not agree with me...bummer!
I think I took about a dozen pictures of Elsie eating the pie...just because she looked so cute using a huge fork...She finally said "Mommy, no...eat!" oops...I guess it is bad when a toddler has to remind me to stop taking pictures and eat!



1 comment:

carla said...

adorable picnic table! i love the new color that jon painted it. and i see that you're using your 'new' silver platter, too - that's a creative way to serve food!

sorry about the cross-contamination --- that's par for the course around here. ;) i guess that's what happens when the kids (and me!) are not careful enough where the measuring spoons and cups have previously been. hope your tummy ache goes away soon...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...