Friday, July 24, 2009

Pickles...

Wednesday evening my mom helped me make the cucumber into pickles...We got out her trusty recipe for the "best pickles ever" at least according to the kids!
Pickles all ready for the vinegar...
Emma was the helper...first she would drop the garlic in then shove the dill in the jar...
Filling the jar with the liquid...and wait a few months for them to turn into pickles...
Multi-tasking...I think that blue tooth is permanently attached to my ear...Jon and I always talk every evening...
Making the pickles was super easy...the hardest part was staying up past midnight to do the water bath to 12 jars of pickles! Hopefully Elsie will enjoy the home-made pickles this winter!


1 comment:

carla said...

i love making pickles - it's soo easy --- it's definitely one of my favorite things to do as far as canning things go. glad elsie loves pickles, too - it must be in the genes, huh?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...