Friday, July 24, 2009

Farmers Market...

Last Wednesday Grandma B., Laura, Ceara and myself went to the farmers in the cities...I love going to the farmers market! Last year Jon and I went on a Saturday and it was super busy...so this time we opted to go on a weekday...
There were so many cucumbers...I got a small basket full of baby cucumbers for making some pickles for Elsie...
Lots and lots of fruit,too...though I have a feeling most was imported...unless I just don't know about a mango and pineapple farm around these parts!
We mostly bought veggies for either canning or freezing for this winter...
And some fresh garlic for making the pickles and for eating...and making lots of garlic oil!
Broccoli...some for eating fresh and some for freezing...I think we will have to get more to freeze because I only have about 5 bags in the freezer! That won't last us very long...Elsie is such a broccoli fan!
And lots and lots of peas...We were able to buy some pre-shelled! I think we have about 8 bags of peas...so we will need to get more of those next time as well! I think frozen peas is Elsie's favorite veggie for munching on...
After the Farmers market we made our way to Ikea...We only got slightly lost...ran one red light...almost went the wrong way on a one-way street...but the point is we got to Ikea...though I think we all were about ready to give up hope on ever arriving at Ikea! Crazy little adventures only keeps things interesting and makes good memories...I think my sisters will probably never quit talking about how I ran a red light! We did find far too many good buy at Ikea...as always! I went with the intentions of getting 6 curtain hooks...but walked out with a bag full of stuff and a little chair!
This picture is just for Laura and Ceara...The hand dryers in the Ikea bathrooms are the coolest things ever! If ya ever go to Ikea...be sure to check out the hand dryers...you won't believe the power they have!
We had a very good day trip to the farmers market...and came home with lots of food for this winter...and we came home with far too many treasures from Ikea...and a garage sale, goodwill and salvation army...when we started thrifting it was hard to stop! We are all looking forward to our next trip to the farmers market! (Hopefully no running red lights will happen on that trip!)







1 comment:

carla said...

running red lights, getting lost, going the wrong way down a one-way --- hmmm, and i should trust you with my kids??!! ha!! your adventure reminds me of the time ana and ceara went to the rascal flatts concert down in the cities and ana got royally lost and made ceara promise to never tell me!! oh, you girls and your adventures in the city!

the farmer's market down there is sure different than the teeny-tiny ones we have up here - they don't even compare, do they?

glad you all had fun...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...