Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sewing Projects...

I have finished with some sewing projects for me! These are the first "big people" things I have made...I normally just make clothing for Elsie. I guess last summer I did make a few skirts for myself...but I just used a tutorial for those things...
The first thing is a red sun dress...I need to have my grandma help me alter the bodice a bit...with my excavatum I have a very difficult time getting anything to look on me! The dress needs to ironed terribly bad...but I was in a hurry and didn't want to "waste" time ironing! Over all the dress turned out good...so I am happy!
The next thing is a jean skirt I made from an old pair of jeans...I had a pair of jeans that were too big for me but I loved the jeans...so I turned them into a skirt! I added some fun fabric to the hem for a little detail...
On the bottom of the jean legs were buttons...so I carefully lined the buttons up with the back of the skirt for a cute look...I love the skirt...the best part is I didn't have to get rid of a good pair of jeans!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...