Thursday, May 1, 2014

Selfie Me

A whole post about me?
I have no issue posting about my kids or husband...
but me?
A while ago, my mom and sisters and I posted a 
selfie and day for one week on 
Instagram.
Because we all have a knack of hiding behind the camera
because that's "safe".
Every time I post a picture of myself,
I either pick myself apart or 
I worry that everyone will think I am terribly vein!
See, I have issues!
 
Sometimes I feel like life is speeding by
and I can't quite keep up.
There is always one more thing to do,
one more place to be.
Some days the noise level alone in this house
is enough to drive me insane.
Some days I just want to give up.
Some days it just gets hard.
Single parenting all week,
homeschooling, cooking, cleaning, laundry,
yet still trying to squeeze in time to 
let my hair down with the kids and 
simply have fun with them.
~
I am working on relaxing.
Calming down and accepting that
I simply cannot do it all...
and that's okay.
Accepting the having a messy house and
piles of laundry sitting around 
is perfectly okay.
I feel so much more relaxed 
when I simply take a deep breath and step back 
and just breath all the 
not so perfect little moments of motherhood.
Though it doesn't feel like it now,
I know someday I will miss this chaos.
So, I'm working on enjoying 
every little moment.
being part of those magical moments of
childhood. 
~
"You will never have this day with your children again.
Tomorrow, they will be a little older
than they were today.
This day is a Gift.
Breathe and notice.
Smell and touch them;
study their faces and their little feet and pay attention.
Relish the charms of the present.
Enjoy Today.
It will be over before you know it."
                                                            ~Jen Hatmaker
 { I need to write this quote down on the chalk board!}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...