Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Sewing Helpers...

This year a certain little girl decided to be Annie Okley for Halloween...and we also have a little boy who will be sporting a puppy costume this year...
 Normally Grandma B. makes the kid's their costumes...but she is so busy and never allows herself any down time...and I have a need to create daily anyhow...so this year I told Grandma B. that I was taking care of the costumes! We found James a puppy costume at Goodwill...he makes an adorable little puppy! Last week Elsie and I went to town and bought fabric to make a pretty cute Annie Okley outfit for her...when we got home I got the kids busy playing with Jon then I snuck off to the dining room to start sewing. That last all of about 10 minutes. My kids love to be my sewing helpers...
 James finds it great fun to try to hold the big knob on the end of the machine...or to do his best to grab the needle in hopes of me not noticing fingers in the way! Or my favorite...to quietly stand beside me and act all sweet...while slyly pulling all the pins out of the fabric I just pinned together and throwing the pins all on the floor...because I do love to re-pin things and to search for tons of little pins hidden in the carpeting! Like I said, my kids are my sewing helpers!
 If ever you look at my sewing and wonder why my seems are not perfect...remember these pictures!
 I must be getting pretty good at sewing with my little helpers though...because the Annie Okley costume turned out pretty cute...but you will have to wait until Halloween to see it...
*a little side note~ Elsie heard about Annie Okley from her little aunties...so we have been reading some children's books and looking things up online about her...so far Elsie's favorite fact about Annie Okley is her husband's name...Frank Buttler. Buttler...get it, BUTTler!? hahaha...best joke ever in her little mind! I love that she came up with that one all on her own...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...