Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Finding Things to Do...

Like I said my previous post, we were almost in Iowa. And let me tell you, we were in the middle of nowhere with not much to do! One day Jon decided to do a little yard work. Jon is the kind of guy who loves to keep busy and doesn't mind hard work! The kids love to "help" daddy while we works...
I thought this was so cute...Jon was walking around a tree trimming off some branches...and James took it upon himself to start picking the fallen branches up and put them in the little trailer. Children learn best by example...and James was just following what his daddy was doing and helping out!


When we weren't outside we were most likely inside...doing what you do on vacation...eating junk and watching tv! We all got a healthy dose of iCarly, Shake it Up and whatever other singing tween shows happened to be on. I now remember why we cancelled our Dish Network...kids and tv do not make a healthy mix!
I am my children's favorite toy. They really don't need blocks, barbies or any such toy. They just need me to lay on the floor...I can be an airplane, a balance beam, a sick patient, a tumble mat, a person at a salon...you name it!
The kids did plenty of dancing and wild play...
Another fun place to play...the very steep stairs! I am not sure why kids are so attracted to stairs.
More than once I would be in the kitchen making dinner and I would hear giggling coming from upstairs...it was cute to hear them playing together...but I really didn't like James crawling those steps!! He did fall down the one little step going out of one of the bedrooms...and he left his mark! Just maybe there is now a little bloody spot on the carpet from a certain little guy's tongue...oops...sorry Grandpa S.! Think of it as a little reminder of James!
Love this picture...Before we left on our trip, Elsie called auntie Lisa and asked to borrow her vintage suitcase. He clothes all fit in the suitcase perfectly...and she thought it was so fun to have a little mirror in her suitcase...and a special pocket under the mirror for undies! James had a cute little vintage suitcase, too. I am now on the hunt for our own set of vintage luggage...preferably with retro flowers or something super funky!

We had a fun little vacation...even if there not much to do! We all enjoyed just being together...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...