Monday, October 24, 2011

Bowling...

A few weeks ago we all loaded up and headed into town for a fun evening of bowling! We are pretty close to terrible bowlers...so we went and just had fun...and just maybe some of the adults used the kid's lane so they could take advantage of the bumpers! Truth be told I was the only adult that did not bowl at all...I used James as my excuse to not make a fool of myself! {and bowling with a bulged disk wouldn't be the best idea ever anyhow!}
The 3 little girls shared a purple ball...I love that the kids pay no attention to how heavy or light the ball is...so long as the colour is good that is all that matters to them!
Jon has been working lots of long hours through the weekend lately...so Papa Wayne was the one who stepped in to teach Elsie how to bowl...because I had to work the camera, ya know!
Elsie was instructed to just roll the ball down the alley...
The ball S.L.O.W.L.Y made it's way to the pins...and Elsie stood there watching while tapping her foot rather impatiently...only one time did the ball stop half way down the alley and had had to be retrieved by a worker...Love bowling with kids!
The scorekeepers! James just went around from person to person...
He was the little man who clapped and cheered along with everyone else when someone got a high score!
Proof that I am not a completely negligent mother who always hides behind the camera!
Our little bowling group! I have no clue who won...I just know that I learned 2 things that night...{1}bowling 1 game with so many people takes a long time {especially when trying to keep a little man busy} and {2} wearing a mini skirt to a bowling alley is never a good idea...duh!
Awesome shoes...I really have quite a thing for bowling shoes...
and how convenient to have the size stitched to the back of the shoe...
By the time we left the bowling alley it was late and dark...and the little town was super quiet...perfect for taking a couple quick pictures in the middle of the road...
A fun evening...

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

So my husband is out of town for the first time we've been together (little over a year). And I don't know how you do it with 2 kids!! But I finally got my daughter to go to bed, she's almost 3 and decided to sit down and go read some of your back blogs.. (I've been reading your blog for just a few months)And I have to say I'm totally jealous of your big close family! I wish mine were closer like that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...