Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wheel Chair...

If you go to my parents house you will now find that a wheel chair lives there...
No worries though...no one has a broken leg or paralyzed or anything of the sorts. When I was on bedrest with James I kept saying how much I wished we had a wheel chair so I could go shopping but still remain resting...and it became a family joke. Well, a few weeks ago Laura and I found a posing on craigslist for a Free wheelchair!! Laura roped her boyfriend into going with her to pick it up. And now it sits in my parents yard.

This wheel chair has been a great source of entertainment for all the kids! Even James loves to be pushed around in the chair...he sits perfectly still!

Some of the rides get a little wild...

But the wilder the rides the more giggles we hear!

This is a perfectly normal sight...one child pushing another up the driveway to go get the mail! The kids keep talking about going on a walk down the road pushing each other in the wheel chair...don't know if that has happened yet or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did!

The drive way is at a perfect slope for running with the chair then letting it go...this is a sure way to get lot of giggles! Run-away wheel chair...

The memories the kids will have with this wheel chair...

So...if you want a good "toy" for your children...just pick up an old free wheel chair!!

*Just to clarify for my mother's sake~ My mom said "Hell No" to the wheel chair...she was really against the idea. Laura and her boyfriend snuck off and got it. They brought it home late one night, stood outside and called for my mom. She saw it, hated it, laughed and that was that. My mom was determined to hate it. She tried to scare the kids out of liking it by telling them terrible {and un-true} stories of how some old geezer died in the wheel chair. But the kids didn't mind and continue to have fun with it. My mom is still embarrassed to have a wheel chair sitting in the front yard, but I think she is coming around to the idea a little. At least I don't hear her complaining daily of having an old wheel chair in the front yard...and I have even caught her video taping the kids having fun with it! Thanks, mom for putting up with all our wild {but fun} ideas!!










No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...