Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Snack Time...

Now that summer is here the kids eat tons and tons of fresh fruit and veggies. I love grocery shopping in the summer...we do most of the shopping in the produce section...we load our cart with fresh grapes, peaches, watermelon, muskmelon, corn-on-the-cob, carrots, strawberries, broccoli, tomatoes, lettuce and spinach...you name it and it is probably in our cart!
A couple weeks ago the kids and I ventured up to the local farmer's market stand in town and bought our first watermelon of the season...the kids both watched in great anticipation as I sliced the melon up! They both sat at the little table and devoured several pieces each!

Yum...Elsie is more of the veggie lover...give this girl a carrot and she will happily turn down a cookie...but in the summer no one can possible turn down a nice juicy slice of watermelon!

James is both a fruit and veggie lover...his favorite lately has been grapes and watermelon...he eats both almost every day! And he thinks he is such a big boy to be sitting in the little chairs that he refused to eat the little pieces of watermelon...he wanted a big piece!

We had quite a sticky mess to clean up...but it was so good that it was worth it!

Elsie eats and stays perfectly clean...so I know there is hope for James! Just a little note...Elsie is into letting me fix her hair again! She loves 2 braids...and she looks so old and so darn cute in them!

I think by the time James was done with his watermelon he had just as much on the floor as in his belly! This picture make me want to establish a new rule...watermelon outside only...but I doubt that would work! So glad my kids enjoy all the fresh food that comes with summer!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...