Friday, April 15, 2011

Messy Days...

With a very creative three year old and a very busy 9 month old it seems we have our fair share of messy days...and they drive me crazy! I have to be organized...Jon says I "spaze" out when things are out of order...and it is true. But...when kids are involved sometimes ya just gotta have a little fun and forget about the picking-up! It is a special treat to pull the trundle bed out (thus creating a huge mess!!)...the kids both love playing on the huge bed...We attempted to play Candy Land on the bed...but James had other plans...which mainly consisted of eating the cards and sitting on the board...what a typical boy!
Elsie is the kind of girl who doesn't mind messes...let me clarify...she doesn't mind making messes but it really does drive the poor girl crazy to have a messy room! I feel like I am constantly picking up dress up clothes and dolly things! I will be honest I have been known to simply shut the door when it gets really bad...it never solves the messy room problem...it simple gives the kids reason to start playing in another room...it is a never ending, vicious cycle, I tell ya!
Lately the biggest messy spot is the closet! For some reason Elsie always wants to wear the shirt at the bottom of the pile which means that all the clothes on the top must be tossed on the floor. Being that Elsie must change her clothes no less than 10 times a day this is what the closet looks like 90% of the time...
And just when I feel like giving up...there is no hope Elsie will ever learn to be organized...I find this! She has her doll clothes neatly folded and in order...never mind that the her clothes are in a huge heap on the floor to make room for those doll clothes. There is hope!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...