Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Embrace the Camera...Being a Mom...

This week for Embrace the camera I have some random pictures from a few weeks ago...One evening James and I were home alone since Jon and Elsie had gone up town...the perfect opportunity for a few self-portraits! James~ my little side-kick...James is a serious Mama's Boy...I never leave him anywhere...not even at Grammies so I can go to the grocery store! When I say he goes everywhere with me I mean it...it breaks my heart to think of him sad and crying for me when I am not there to comfort him...I am his Mama and he knows it! Being a mom is sometimes about putting your wants on hold...and am more than okay with that...this won't last forever...I always say that I am just very loved by my son!

Every time I do the dished James plays at my feet...he uses my legs to pull himself up...he babbles and chews on the knees of my pants...I forever have wet knees! There is just something so sweet about a baby playing at your feet as you do the dishes...it warms my heart.


Sometimes we take out the little cloth bag of magnet letters or some tupperware to entertain some little people...but it never fails...James always finds his way back at my feet! I think he is just making sure I don't get to lonely...


Soon after we finished with the self-portraits Jon and Elsie came home...and the kids and I played on the couch and Jon picked up the camera and took the next pictures...


If you came to my house un-announced this is what you would probably find...the house a slight mess and the kids contented to be playing on the couch with me...they don't need lots of toys and things to keep them happy...Mommy seems to be more than enough! Sometimes we get very loud when we play...I am sure when the windows are open this summer the neighbors will all be able to hear our crazy play and the sweet childish belly laughs!


I think I am blessed...very blessed...I am a Mommy...what can be better!? Someone just told me an interesting quote about being a parent to small children, " The days are long but the years are short"...how true! I do my very best to enjoy and cherish these long days of being a mommy... to enjoy every little moment...I know someday I will look back and want them playing at my feet again...







8 comments:

Laura said...

This is so precious!! You are the kind of mama I admire. :]

Amanda O'Banion said...

How fun!! I love the colors in your photographs!!! Love, love, LOVE your blog!

Amanda @ Our Life on a Marquee

Amber said...

My little guy does the same thing when I'm cooking. He hasn't taken to chewing my knees, but that is so cute. :)

Unknown said...

Great photos! Great post :)

Allison Yokum said...

Those are really cute photos!

jeanna said...

2 of my babies & I have amber necklaces like your cutie pie's. love it! i have an ankle biter, while doing the dishes, too. she will literally ride on my legs and bite my ankles. : )

Angel said...

Mine are too old to be slobbering on my knees, but they still manage to follow me around the house talking my ear off. I love it! This is a beautiful "Embrace" post!

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

Love the top picture!! Our amber necklace is on the way!! How's yours working?? Keeping fingers crossed on ours ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...