Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Dinner...

We enjoyed a lovely Easter meal at my parents house again this year...It seems that all our Holidays are centered around Family and a good meal! This was the first Family holiday we have had since my family has become completely gluten and dairy free! It was so nice to not have worry about what my children and I could and couldn't eat, cross-contamination or bring our own "safe" dishes of food! Plus I made GF/CF rolls to share...everyone had no choice but to eat them and not complain! Usually when I bring food to share no one will eat it because GF/CF food has a tendency to not taste quite as good as the "normal"food.
I don't think there is anything we all enjoy more than a big family meal. There is something about everyone all being together and sharing a meal that warms my heart. Elsie loves eating with everyone also...she often begs to "Please have dinner with the aunties!" And a Holiday dinner is the very best kind of meal to enjoy together...because we get to pull out the fine china plates and crystal goblets!

One word describes this best...Yum! And because I was so thrilled I have to say it again...it was all "safe" for us to eat!

We always have the kitchen table filled with food...With so many people and little kids we find it easier to simply have the food at one table and eat at another...

James enjoying his First Easter meal...This boy loved the beans and the ham the best! He is quite a good little eater!


Family Meal...Love these pictures...these will someday bring back lots of great memories...

This picture is out-of-focus a bit...but still one of my favorites! It seems there is never a shortage of laughter around the table...The kids always find everything funny...which makes the adults laugh even harder! Good memories...







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...