Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Doily Project...

A couple weeks ago I read about this simple doily project on the Whatever blog and we simply had to give it a try. Elsie loves to paint and I love to decorate with art projects...so this project was perfect for us!
Jon and Elsie went to the dollar store and picked up some paper doilies...the next day Elsie and I spread all the doilies out on the table, got the paints out and went to town...
Elsie takes her art work very seriously...she is quite the artist! We painted off and on all day...we just left everything out on the table all day...
We started the project using water colour paint...I love water colour! Even as a teenager Watercolour was always my medium of choice...I love the gentle soothing tones, it is simple...lovely in my opinion...
Elsie is a very creative artist...and soon that simple watercolour project evolved to her regular paint, sequins and glue...apparently she prefers more of "mixed medium" type of project!
In the end I wound up with a beautiful paper doily chain to decorate with! I love decorating with art projects...I think every wall in our house has paintings and drawings handing off it...and it makes my heart happy! When Jon and I were first married I had some framed art work from my little sister hanging on the wall in my dining room...Some people gave flack about using children's artwork...but those people just didn't "get it"! I am so thrilled that I can now use my own Children's artwork to decorate our home! To me there is nothing more inviting than Children's artwork filling the walls of any house...so inviting, cozy, innocent...perfect. Love, love, love it!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...