Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Painting Day...

Lately we have been having lots of painting days...the kind of painting days that means we just leave the paint out all day on the table...because you never know when inspiration might strike!
While Elsie was busy painting on one end of the table...I pulled out some apple green paint and painted the frame of an old bulletin board on the other end of the table...
Elsie had found a foam brush and really wanted to try it out...I think I might have to buy her a few more of these brushes...they got the pain on the paper nice and thin yet kept the bright colour...and no bristles on the paper!

Aqua seems to be her colour of choice...at least on that day! Elsie assures me Pink is her favorite colour...she used to be a total Purple girl...but she heard me say one too many times that I am not attracted to Purple, Pink is my favorite. I feel bad that she changed her mind based on me...so hopefully my comments on being an individual are just as important to her!
We have so many pieces of artwork hanging in our house...I love them all...quite an artist...When I look at the art work I feel so blessed that I get to be a mommy...no greater job in my mind...
Sometimes I think we encourage Elsie to be a bit too creative...if there is such a thing! I was busy painting the bulletin board frame...and Elsie was busy giving herself "a tattoo watch with no numbers"...
It was a lovely watch...and because she wanted to wear it for awhile before washing it off...it may have stained her wrist that lovely aqua colour for a couple days! Elsie was sick with a high fever for a few days shortly after painting her wrist...as she sweat from her fever she would leave paint marks across her face from the colour! So I like to say she eventually sweat the paint off...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...